We’ve all heard it. “Just choose to be happy”. However, depression is a challenging condition that doesn’t come with a simple on-off switch. Many have tried various forms of treatment, such as counseling, talk therapy, and antidepressants, but the results often seem temporary. But here’s some good news – a groundbreaking treatment known as Spravato Therapy is changing the game for patients who haven’t responded to conventional methods.
Understanding Depression and the Need for Effective Depression Treatment
Depression is a complex mental health issue that demands a comprehensive approach. While traditional treatments have helped to some extent, they might not address the root biological causes. This is where Spravato Therapy shines, targeting the Glutamatergic system to restore lost connections and synapses, which are often damaged by trauma and other factors.
Why Choose Spravato Therapy to treat Depression?
- Clinically Proven Efficacy: Spravato Therapy for depression has undergone rigorous clinical trials, showing significant improvements in 40-60% of patients with treatment-resistant depression.
- Safe and FDA-Approved: Rest assured that Spravato Therapy is a safe and FDA-approved treatment, backed by scientific evidence and expert evaluations.
- Minimal Downtime: Unlike some other treatments, Spravato Therapy requires no downtime, allowing you to continue with your daily activities without major disruptions within hours of treatment (although it is recommended to take the rest of the day off when possible).
- Covered by Most Insurances: Financial concerns should never hinder your path to recovery. Spravato Therapy is often covered by most insurance plans, making it accessible to those in need.
- No Systemic Side Effects: Unlike certain medications that may cause systemic side effects, Spravato Therapy primarily targets the Glutamatergic system, reducing the risk of adverse reactions.
Statistics on Spravato Treatment Success
The success of Spravato Therapy is rooted in data and real-world results:
- 40-60% of patients with treatment-resistant depression experience significant improvement with Spravato Therapy.
- Patients who undergo Spravato Therapy show enhanced resilience and a decreased risk of relapse compared to traditional treatments.
- The average duration of improvement with Spravato Therapy extends beyond that of standard treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions about Spravato Treatment
- How long does Spravato treatment take? We recommend you arrive 5-10 minutes before your treatment time and allot two hours of time per treatment.
- Will I need transportation after my Spravato treatment? Yes, you will need someone to transport you after your treatments as your driving may be impaired directly after treatment. We recommend asking a reliable loved one you feel comfortable with.
- Will my insurance cover Spravato treatment? It depends on your insurance plan. After you do an initial consult with our nurse practitioner to ensure Spravato is a good fit, our Spravato coordinator will work with your insurance company to get a prior authorization and will do their best to get an estimate back to you on the cost of treatment before your first appointment.
- What medications interact with Spravato? Most medications are very safe with Spravato. Your nurse practitioner can talk with you about any substances or medications you take to ensure safety and a safe protocol for Spravato treatment. Those with substance misuse can also do Spravato – just please let your nurse practitioner know all medications and substances you are currently taking during your intitial consultation.
- What are the common side effects? Nausea, fatigue, and feeling intoxicated are the most common side effects. We offer Zofran, a preventative anti-nausea medicine before treatment. If your nausea persists after treatment, we can make adjustments to your treatment and usage of Zofran to ensure your comfort.
- How will I feel after my treatment? Can I return to work? We advise you to go directly home to a comfortable environment after your first treatment. After you’ve had a couple of treatments, you’ll have a better idea about how the treatments make you feel. It’s normal to feel a little intoxicated or nauseous directly after your treatment. You may even feel tired or fatigued the rest of the day. Many people are able to return to work 1-2 hours after Spravato treatment.
- Do you have further questions? Don’t hesitate to ask our Spravato Coordinator or set up a consult with our nurse practioner.
There is Hope for Treating Your Depression
If you believe Spravato Therapy may be the right choice for you or a loved one struggling with depression or suicidal thoughts, take action now:
Fill out our contact form HERE (it takes approximately 30 seconds) and our compassionate Spravato Coordinator will reach out to you soon!
At Soma Therapy, we are dedicated to helping you find an effective solution to combat depression and regain vibrancy in your life. Don’t let depression hold you back any longer. Act now and explore the possibilities of Spravato Therapy.
Remember, depression is treatable, and with Spravato Therapy, there’s hope for a brighter future. Take the first step today!